What to bring
What to bring: Maximum of 1 medium suitcase.
Please be aware that space is limited. Do not over pack!
- Bring all medications you are currently taking in the labeled bottle from the pharmacy (no samples). Do not refill any of your medications. Your medications will be held in the Nurses’ Station, and will be dispensed by our nursing staff.
- One weeks’ worth of comfortable clothing. For example: jacket, exercise clothing, 7 shirts, 7 underwear, 7 pairs of socks, 3 pairs jeans/pants, 1 pair pajamas, 1 sweatshirt, 1 raincoat, 1 pair slippers/flip-flops. Be prepared for any and all types of weather!
- Seasonal - warm jacket, hat, gloves/shorts (knee length), boots.
- Personal Care Items – toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, alcohol-free mouthwash. You can also bring pump hair spray only if alcohol is not one of the 1st three ingredients.
- Comfortable shoes.
- Spending money - $25 to $30.
- Tobacco Users – bring at least one (1) weeks’ supply and disposable lighters. Tobacco products must be sealed / unopened.
- Travel mug for hot beverages.
- Heating pad (if you typically use one).
- Photos of loved ones.
- Favorite pillow.
- Gum is fine if sealed / unopened.
- All clients are encouraged to have haircuts prior to treatment, as there will not be an opportunity to do so while in treatment.
- We provide washers, dryers, detergent and fabric softener at no charge.
- Cost of phone calls is included in the cost of treatment – no calling cards or quarters needed.
- Bring all insurance cards - including medical, prescription, and dental cards. The cost of medications is not included in the cost of the program.
- Clock radios/alarms are provided in each cabin.
What not to bring:
- NO over-the-counter medications, vitamins or herbal/dietary supplements.
- NO weapons of any kind.
- NO electronics - cell phones, laptop computers, cameras, hand-held electronics, (i.e.: iPod, Walkman, MP3 player, Blackberry, Kindle/Nook, iPad etc.).
- NO reading material - with the exception of religious texts (i.e.: Bible, Torah, Koran, etc.).
- NO candy, soda, coffee drinks, or food of any kind - unopened, sealed gum is fine.
- NO musical instruments, CD players, cassettes, or headphones.
- NO perfume, cologne, aftershave, butane, lighter fluid, hair dye, or bath salts.
- NO hairspray or aerosols – pump hair spray with no alcohol is okay.
- NO hand sanitizer or mouthwash containing alcohol.
- NO camisoles or revealing clothing.
- NO clothing with foul language or substance related wording / logos.
- NO sagging jeans.
- NO tobacco rolling papers.
- NO exercise / athletic equipment.
- NO games or playing cards.
- NO nail polish, polish remover, or artificial nail related products.
- NO electric hair or beard trimmers.
- This is a peer driven program and we want clients to interact vs. isolating themselves.
- While at Harmony, you will be under the care of our Medical Director (an MD and licensed Addictionologist).
- Please make a list of all names and phone numbers from cell phones, as you will not be able to keep your phone while in treatment.
Harmony Foundation, Inc. will not be held liable for the condition / security of any non-approved items. All items brought in that are not allowed will be sent home with family members at the time of admission.